Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I'M PREGNANT!!!!!!!

I am sooooo happy! I just found out that I am pregnant. We have been trying for 10 months, but we didn't expect it at all (since we had to do invetro 3 times in order to get Mallory). This time we didn't have to have any help from doctors. We did it the normal way, which is totally awesome considering the other way is a lot of money and a huge emotional roller coaster. I just started using more organic stuff (milk being a huge one), I was running a lot, and I was taking some better vitamins and fish oil. So all that along with, of course, Heavenly Father's plan and prayers being answered, I am now pregnant. I am so glad because we had decided that after a year of trying we were going to go to the fertility doctor again and now we don't have to, YEAH! It was crazy finding out because I thought I was pregnant, but I took a test a few weeks before and it was negative so then I decided to go on strike from pregnancy tests because before I got pregnant with Mallory, I would always be so sure that I was pregnant, take a test, and be very disappointed over and over. So this time after the negative test I decided that was it, I didn't care how sure I was, it was my mind playing tricks on me. Well that lasted about 3 weeks of feeling sick and having other pregnancy symptoms so I took a test. It was just Mallory and me at home so I took the test and waited. I did not want to look at all. I was so nervous. I really didn't want to be sad and disappointed, and in my head I was saying 'okay, if it is negative this time, I am never taking one of these stupid things again'. Well obviously it was positive and I could not believe what I was seeing. Mallory was standing by me and I grabbed her and hugged her and said "We're going to have a baby!" I'm pretty sure she thought I was crazy, but since I was laughing/crying, she was kind of laughing too. It was really cute. So then I went to the dollar store and got a little shirt for Mallory, came home and sewed on the front of it 'Big Sister'.
When Cory got home, she was wearing it and standing right at the door. I had the video camera and he picked her up. He didn't quite get it at first, he said "oh did you get a new shirt?" and I said "yeah what does it say on it?" He read it, then looked at me with a really confused look and said "what is that supposed to mean?" so I showed him the pregnancy test I had hidden behind my back and he said "no way!" It was funny. Then the next day my family was going to the Easter Pageant so I had her wear the shirt there. It was so fun telling my family. Gary saw the shirt and said "is that an announcement for something?" and I said yes and my mom looked at it and grabbed me (almost in a choke hold) and was crying. It was really sweet. Then with Cory's family we told them at Easter dinner. They all came over to our house so I waited until everyone was here and I put Mallory's shirt on and came out. It was so funny, Mallory and I walked out and Terri could tell that something was up so she looked at her shirt and read it out loud. Everyone pretty much caught on but Cory's dad didn't and so they said "dad her shirt says big sister" and he still didn't react so they all said "Julie's pregnant" and then his face lit up and he said "No, Really?!!" It has been so exciting and I am so thankful! The timing is so perfect. Mallory will be 2 yrs. and 3 months when I have the baby. That is perfect.

No comments: